Like your home, your new shed will require occasional maintenance to ensure many years of use and a valid warranty. In addition to re-painting every few years, you should perform other routine maintenance:
- Keep all grass and vegetation trimmed around the entire perimeter of the shed.
- Do not mound soil or mulch against the siding.
- Do not stack anything against the exterior of your building, such as firewood.
- Locking doorknobs or levers should be sprayed with silicone or other lubricants to maintain the locking mechanism and prevent freezing in cold climates.
- Do not let sprinklers spray your building.